#hebrewroots #yeshua #Messianicjudaism #torah #bible #torahkeeping #keepingtorah #keepthelaw #lawkeeping #performancebased #lawofmoses
Our discussion today is with Dr. Daniel Goepfrich, a pastor, theologian, professor, author, and Greek scholar. He runs a website called: Theology is for everyone. Click the link below for more information and resources. His book on Discipleship should be in everyone's library.
Highlights of the interview:
1. Dr. Goepfrich gem of a statement: "Christ was not the atonement for our sin...HE PAID FOR IT ALL. Christ gave us the great exchange. He took our sin to the cross, paid the price for our sin that we could not, and then gave us His righteousness. Thus it is as if we never sinned! Do we keep on sinning? No, because the power of the Holy Spirit is to train us away from ungodliness (Titus 2:11-12)
2. Goepfrich gem #2: Jewish people, before Messiah came, had to go to the temple. WE ARE THE TEMPLE!
3. Goeprich gem #3: Christ didn't abolish the law; HE COMPLETED IT! We have a new beginning with the Holy Spirit inside of us.
4. Goepfrich gem #4 We are not under the Mosaic law. We are under the law of Christ!
5. Goepfrich gem #5 Should Christians keep the Shabbat? It is wise to have a day of rest. So the "spirit" of Shabbat is to be dependent on God every day, but a day of rest is important. The "church" is not a nation as Israel was.
6. Where does the church appear in the Old Testament? Hint...oops, watch the video or podcast.
7. Daniel discusses his version of Biblical study principles.
Please, like and subscribe, and share.See full post & comments